Media contact: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications, 248.260.8466; firstname.lastname@example.org
Southfield, Mich. – – Nov. 23, 2016 – – David M. Moss, a founding partner of Mich.-based personal injury and civil rights law firm, Moss & Colella, P.C., announced a major jury verdict victory in Wayne County Circuit Court Case No. 13-014048-NF, Frank Wojcik v. Automobile Club Insurance Co.
After nearly three years of litigation, Moss and associate attorney Ryan T. Piekarski achieved a $396,000.00 jury verdict on Nov. 22, 2016 for No Fault Insurance Benefits for a plaintiff injured in a 2013 accident. Because the plaintiff was operating a motorcycle, the bulk of the case centered around the issue of whether a motor vehicle was involved in the collision. In reaching the verdict, Moss and Piekarski overcame substantial challenges in the litigation, including:
- Plaintiff’s lack of recollection as to how the accident occurred, due to his severe closed head injury;
- The statement of eyewitnesses who attempted to discredit the passenger’s account that a motor vehicle was involved;
- The dark conditions of the roadway and the presence of a dangerous curve that led to previous accidents at the location;
- The alleged intoxication of both the plaintiff and his passenger;
- An inconclusive police investigation into the matter.
“Through this jury award, our client can be assured that his medical expenses arising from the accident will be covered,” said Moss.
About Moss & Colella
Established in 1997, Moss & Colella represents the victims of personal injury, civil rights violations, discrimination and wrongful death. The firm is recognized as a leader in complex tort litigation, including excess and deadly force, jail death, sexual abuse and harassment, auto and truck accidents, and other serious injury and wrongful death claims. To learn more about the firm and its diverse areas of practice, visit the Moss & Colella website.