CONTACT: Barbara Fornasiero; EAFocus Communications; firstname.lastname@example.org; 248.260.8466
Pontiac, Mich. — March 27, 2020 — Michigan Legacy Credit Union (MLCU)—with six physical branches in Flat Rock, Garden City, Highland, Pontiac, Warren and Wyandotte, and more than 20,000 members –announced a food voucher program that gives $1,000 each to six area restaurants who will in turn provide a free meal for local hospital workers today. The community support program was announced by Michigan Legacy Credit Union President and CEO Carma Peters.
“Credit unions are community driven and we are committed to doing all that we can to support our healthcare workers on the front lines of fighting this pandemic,” Peter said. “With this $6,000 donation today, Michigan Legacy Credit Union is able to help sustain local restaurants, too, so we are really excited about the double impact of this program.”
For today only, the following restaurants and their respective hospital beneficiaries are:
- JJ Pizza in Wyandotte: show your Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital ID to get a meal until the fund is depleted
- M1 Grill in Pontiac: show your McLaren Hospital ID to get a meal until the fund is depleted
- DeLucca’s in Westland: show your Garden City Hospital ID to receive a free meal until the funds are depleted
- Red Robin in Clinton Township: delivering salads and a burger bar totaling $1,000 to Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- TV’s Deli *& Diner in Trenton: show your Beaumont Trenton Hospital ID to get a meal until the fund is depleted
- Jim’s Galley in Gibraltar: show your Beaumont Trenton Hospital ID to get a meal until the fund is depleted
Separately, Peters ordered 2,500 small bottles of MLCU hand sanitizer several weeks ago, and they are being distributed with every drive-through transaction.
About Michigan Legacy Credit Union
Michigan Legacy Credit Union (MLCU) is a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative serving members who live, work, worship, attend school, or own a business in the state of Michigan. Michigan Legacy Credit Union is committed to providing quality financial services at a competitive price, delivered professionally and efficiently while keeping member/owners and their needs first. For additional information on MLCU, visit: www.michiganlegacycu.org.