Media Contact: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications; 248.260.8466; email@example.com
Rochester, Mich. – July 8, 2020 – MedNetOne Health Solutions (MedNetOne), a health care management organization offering infrastructure, clinical and technology services to nearly 1,000 private practice physicians and other independent care providers, including behavioral health specialists, announces the availability of its back-to-work video for safe office interactions in the COVID-19 era. The announcement was made by MedNetOne CEO Ewa Matuszewski.
“The video was originally envisioned for use with physician practices, but it is extremely comprehensive and has broad applicability to all office environments,” Matuszewski said. “As offices slowly begin to re-open, we wanted to make employers aware of this valuable resource to establish and follow best practices in the workplace.”
Coordinated by Practice Transformation Institute, the non-profit training arm of MedNetOne, the video was made possible by funding from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s Value Partnership Program and can be viewed here. It was professionally produced by BUREAU (BureauDetroit.com) and is narrated by Bureau co-founder Julie Banovic, a former Detroit TV journalist. Just over 11 minutes long, the video uses members of the MedNetOne community to role play the information shared, including:
- The need to maintain individual workspaces and not share tools
- Frequently disinfecting office surfaces, especially in areas where COVID-19 can more easily spread
- Putting cleaning guidelines in place and publicizing them to reassure employees and vendors – and encourage healthy behaviors
- Maintaining 6 feet between workers, even when mask wearing is mandated, and not holding meetings in conference rooms that don’t allow physical distancing
- Using protective barriers such as plexiglass if the 6-foot distance requirement can’t be met
- Eliminating the need for doctor’s notes to verify an employee illness
- Providing hand sanitizer at each employee’s desk and frequently visited workplace areas
- Changing walking directional patterns for one-way traffic
- Using touchless pay systems and consumer payment apps; when cash is used, it should be placed on the counter and not directly in an individual’s hands
- Do not provide vending machines
For its own offices and member practices, MedNetOne requires the adoption of patient, employee, and office safety measures immediately upon re-opening, recognizing there will likely be other changes that are phased in as new information about COVID-19 becomes available.
MedNetOne’s back-to-work video is a complement to its primary care physician COVID-19 practice playbook, which was developed by Practice Transformation Institute for MedNetOne member physicians and is available online for use by other physician organizations and the healthcare community at large.
About MedNetOne Health Solutions
Based in Rochester, Mich., MedNetOne Health Solutions is a leader in advancing the development and implementation of the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and advanced primary care. Its physician/provider members are focused on fully integrated, population-based, patient-centric practices that enhance patient outcomes and meet government healthcare reform mandates. Learn more here.