CONTACT: Barbara Fornasiero; EAFocus Communications; email@example.com; 248.260.8466
Pontiac, Mich. — March 12, 2020 — Michigan Legacy Credit Union (MLCU)—with six physical branches in Flat Rock, Garden City, Highland, Pontiac, Warren and Wyandotte, more than 20,000 members and $218 million in assets— has taken quick action to minimize banking disruptions, assist members who may be financially impacted by temporary job losses and to keep their staff safe as the nation copes with the outbreak of the Coronavirus.
Michigan Legacy Credit Union President and CEO Carma Peters announced the following changes effective immediately:
- Unlimited PTO for staff to use if they become ill with any malady or infected with the Coronavirus and must self-quarantine
- A remote work option for staff members – 20% have already been deployed at home
- Mandatory work at home policy for any employee who has traveled out-of- state in the past two weeks
- On a case-by-case basis, financial solutions for members’ loan payments; this is specifically targeted to members in customer service areas whose employment may be disrupted due to cancellation of travel, large events and other crowd-driven jobs; Peters indicated that early communication provides more options to MLCU members, with experienced credit union staff available to assist each individual
- A strong message for all members to use online and mobile banking and webchat, rather than coming into the branch.
- Enhanced customer service hours by phone to respond to evening queries by members
“A pandemic such as this is the best incentive for all MLCU members, and consumers in general, to sign up for access to mobile banking services. The less face-to-face contact we can have in the near term, the better for all,” Peters said.
Peters also ordered 2,000 small individual bottles of MLCU hand sanitizer, which are slated for delivery on Monday, March 16, available for owners visiting the credit union.
About Michigan Legacy Credit Union
Michigan Legacy Credit Union (MLCU) is a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative serving members who live, work, worship, attend school, or own a business in the state of Michigan. Michigan Legacy Credit Union is committed to providing quality financial services at a competitive price, delivered professionally and efficiently while keeping member/owners and their needs first. For additional information on MLCU, visit: www.michiganlegacycu.org.