Media Contacts: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications, 248.260.8466, email@example.com;
Wendy LoCicero, ASE, 248.223.8006, firstname.lastname@example.org
Livonia, Mich. —Dec. 14, 2015 — The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, has released its 2015 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – Third Quarter results. The news is good for Michigan, with the majority of respondents seeing the state’s business climate remaining stable or improving in the next six months.
Highlights of ASE 2015 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – Third Quarter:
• The percentage of Michigan employers who believe their business outlook will improve over the next six months remains in the mid-thirties, while 55% of employers see their six-month outlook remaining stable.
• In keeping with an overall positive outlook, 85% of Michigan employer respondents are expecting to increase or keep their hiring levels consistent over the next six months. Only 7% expect to freeze hiring and 8% are planning to decrease hiring.
• The voluntary turnover percentages reported in the third quarter are among the highest seen by ASE in all of 2015 – further confirmation that Michigan employers are hiring.
The ASE 2015 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – Third Quarter findings were announced by ASE President and CEO, Mary E. Corrado.
“When it comes to the Michigan business climate these survey finding reflect more of the same, and that’s a very good thing,” Corrado said. “The high voluntary turnover rate also points to corresponding high levels in hiring, meaning the opportunities for Michigan job seekers with the right skills are plentiful now.”
Background information on the ASE 2015 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – Third Quarter
• 131 organizations from across Michigan participated.
• Organizations with one to 500 Michigan employees made up more than 83% of the survey sample, while organizations with 501 to 1,000 Michigan employees represented nearly 7% of the sample. The remaining 10% of the sample come from organizations with over 1,000 Michigan employees.
• A variety of industries are represented, with manufacturing organizations representing nearly 57% of the survey sample. The remaining 43% are represented by trades and services organizations.
To obtain a copy of ASE’s 2015 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – Third Quarter, contact ASE’s Compensation and Benefits Surveys department at email@example.com or 248.353.4500. This survey is available free of charge to ASE members, and is $525 for non-members.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.