Media Contact: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications; 248.260.8466; email@example.com
Rochester, Mich. – July 23, 2015 – MedNetOne Health Solutions (MNOHS), a Michigan-based healthcare management organization serving the infrastructure and clinical support needs of 800+ private practice physicians and behavioral health specialists, announces 56 physicians/physician practices have been selected as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) designated practice by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. This is an increase from 36 physicians/physician PCMH designated practices in 2014 and reflects the interest of MNOHS members to participate in the movement toward more patient-centric care.
The PCMH model is founded on the central patient/physician relationship, with the primary care physician’s office serving as the patient’s “medical home” and the primary care physician’s team coordinating all of a patient’s medical care to improve patient health and outcomes.
MedNetOne Health Solutions Chief Medical Officer Dr. Al Juocys notes that physicians are increasingly seeing the benefits of the PCMH model.
“The PCMH model gives patients better access to care, with a clinical team approach to provide a variety of services in the primary care physician’s office,” Dr. Juocys said. “Patients with conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity and depression, for example, can generally find treatment options from a member of their primary care physician’s extended clinical team.”
Dr. Joucys’ practice, Rochester-based County Creek Family Practice, has been designated as a PCMH for several years. He cites additional benefits as decreased emergency department use and reduced costs for unnecessary patient testing. Dr. Juocys also commends those MNOHS members who earned PCMH designation despite the challenges of being a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and serving large urban populations.
“More than suburban practices, FQHC practice physicians are dealing with the social determinants of their patients’ health,” Dr. Juocys said. “Social issues such as unemployment, an unsafe living environment and lack of access to healthy food, have a direct impact on a patient’s overall health and quality of life. FQHC physicians deal with these social complexities in addition to traditional physician patient relationships. I applaud their exceptional commitment to their patients and the tenets of the PCMH model.”
The following MNOHS physician/physician practices were PCMH designated by BCBSM effective July 13, 2015.
• Anchor Bay Clinic Family Medical Center P.C. – Anchor Bay
Thomas Mianecki, D.O.
Kevin Klein, D.O.
Karl Emerick, D.O.
Raquel Lepera, D.O.
• Ananda Medical Clinic and Healing Center – Dearborn
• Arun Gupta, M.D., P.C. – Monroe
• Askar Maan M.D., P.C. – Warren
• Capac Family Medicine – Capac
Robert Glapinski, D.O.
• Center for Preventive Medicine, P.C. – St. Clair Shores
Logan Oney, M.D.
Stephenie Lucas, M.D.
• Country Creek Family Physicians, P.C. – Rochester
Algirdas Juocys, D.O.
Shailaja Rastogi, M.D.
• Country Creek Pediatrics PLLC –Rochester
La Sharon Samuels, M.D.
• Dundee Pediatrics, PLLC – Dundee
Michelle Daill, M.D.
• Everingham Clinic P.C./Oakwood Ambulatory–Romulus
David Everingham, D.O.
Craig Everingham, D.O.
• *Family Medicine Center/Oakland Health Integrated Network – Pontiac
Nikhil Hemady, M.D.
Junaed Haq, M.D.
Raouf Seifeldin, M.D.
Anuj Mittal, M.D.
• Family Practice/Oakland Medical Group – Warren
Steffanie Schwutke, M.D.
Saima Khan, M.D.
Ronilo Montano, M.D.
• Fayez Shukairy, M.D. – Highland
• *Health Centers of Detroit Medical Group East Jefferson – Detroit
Anthony Clarke, M.D.
Alfred Newton, M.D.
Andrew Avery, M.D.
Everett Campbell, M.D.
• Ida Family Clinic – Ida
Layth Maolood, M.D.
• Jeetender Matharu M.D., PLC – Clarkston
• Kathleen Reinhart D.O. – Monroe
• Lifetime Family Care, PLLC – Warren
Ia Kue, D.O.
Ann Palaganas, D.O.
• Macomb Pediatric Associates P.C. –Warren
Ashraf Berry, M.D.
Antoun Oska, M.D.
Banumathy Subramanian, M.D.
• Meadowbrook Internists P.C. – Rochester
Elena Stephan, M.D.
Namir Stephan, M.D.
• John R Medical– Madison Heights
James Kohlenberg, M.D.
• My Family Doctor – Southgate
Michael Gambel, M.D.
• Naila Ahmad, M.D.,P.C. –Waterford
• North Oakland Internists, P.C. – Auburn Hills
Gregory Stevens, M.D.
Vachareeporn Jayasvasti, D.O.
• Partridge Family Physicians P.C. – Waterford
David Ginnebaugh, M.D.
Timothy Horrigan, M.D.
• Ricardo Q. Cabrera M.D. – Clarkston
• Richard A. Fici D.O., PLLC – Eastpointe
• Ronald Williamson, M.D., P.C. – Grosse Pointe and Detroit
• Shelby-Macomb Family Practice –Clinton Township
Gregory Henk, D.O.
Vesna Evkoska, D.O.
• Stephen Bell. D.O., P.C. – Newport
• Vincent Granowicz, D.O. – Royal Oak
• Woodhaven Pediatric – Woodhaven
Michelle Pavlik, M.D.
Shari Bass, M.D.
Joshua Evans, M.D.
*indicates practices that are also a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
About MedNetOne Health Solutions:
MedNetOne Health Solutions (MNOHS), a leader in advancing the development and implementation of the Patient-Centered Medial Home (PCMH), is a health care management organization for primary and specialty care physicians and behavioral health specialists that provides administrative infrastructure and clinical support and programming to develop and sustain high performing, patient-centric practices while meeting government healthcare reform mandates. Learn more at http://www.mednetone.net.