Media Contacts: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications, 248.260.8466, email@example.com; Wendy LoCicero, ASE, 248.223.8006, firstname.lastname@example.org
Livonia, Mich. —June 1, 2016 — The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, has released its 2016 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – First Quarter results. Although slightly tempered, the news continues to be good for Michigan, with the percentage of Michigan employers who believe their business outlook will not change or will improve over the next six months remaining consistent at 88% – only 2% below the average over the past year. The percentage of employers who believe their six-month outlook will not change is 61%, the highest it’s been in the past 12 months.
Highlights of ASE 2016 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – First Quarter:
• Although the business outlook is not expected to improve as much as in recent quarterly surveys, the number of Michigan employers expecting to increase hiring or keep hiring levels consistent over the next six months has remained stable at 88%, the same number as fourth quarter 2015 and just 3% lower than a year ago. Only 5% expect to freeze hiring and 8% plan to decrease hiring.
• After being above 40% for the past three quarters, violation of workplace polices as a reason for involuntary separations is back down to 28%, the same as one year ago.
• Lack of job satisfaction as a reason for voluntary separations is the highest it has been in the past year at 30%, after a consistent increase from 16% a year ago.
The survey results were announced by ASE President and CEO, Mary E. Corrado.
“Our quarterly economic and employment surveys are a barometer of Michigan’s business climate and it’s good to find employers generally positive about the economy,” Corrado said. “It’s interesting that employee job satisfaction, or lack thereof, as a reason for departing an employer is at a twelve-month high. It is a reminder that top performers crave the things that add up to job satisfaction: challenging work, active mentorship and a vibrant culture.”
Background information on the ASE 2016 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – First Quarter
• 129 organizations from across Michigan participated.
• Organizations with one to 500 Michigan employees made up more than 80% of the survey sample, while organizations with 501 to 1,000 Michigan employees represented almost 5% of the sample. The remaining 14.5% of the sample comes from organizations with over 1,000 Michigan employees.
• A variety of industries are represented, with manufacturing organizations representing nearly 60% of the survey sample
To obtain a copy of ASE’s 2016 Quarterly Economic & Employment Survey – First Quarter, contact ASE’s Compensation and Benefits Surveys department at email@example.com or 248.353.4500. This survey is available free of charge to ASE members, and is $525 for non-members.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.