Focus is on creating an engaging workplace and developing leaders
Media Contacts: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications, 248.260.8466, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Wendy LoCicero, ASE, 248.223.8006, email@example.com
Livonia, Mich. —April 28, 2016 — The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, along with McLean & Company, a trusted ASE collaborator and service partner, announced today the 5 emerging trends in HR based on McLean’s annual survey of top HR priorities and trends in the U.S. and Canada. Survey respondents in the international survey included more than 100 ASE member companies.
“ASE was pleased to facilitate member input in this year’s survey,” Mary E. Corrado, ASE CEO, said. “Their participation allows ASE to look at survey findings with an emphasis on HR practices and trends particularly relevant to Michigan. “
According to the McLean & Company survey findings, the top 5 emerging HR trends in 2016 are:
1. Creating manager accountability for performance coaching. Shifting accountability for performance coaching is the first step in creating more agile performance management.
2. Encouraging managers to hold frequent engagement conversations. Engaging leadership behaviors are a series of micro experiences that leaders have with their employees. Through ongoing dialogue, leaders influence employees’ energy and connections to business outcomes. Employee engagement is essentially a reflection of effective day-to-day management practices.
3. Identifying when to develop staff for career opportunities rather than hiring externally. An ongoing challenge is the decision to build or buy talent to fill vacant roles. A thoughtful, balanced approach is required to meet short term needs while anticipating and preparing for the needs of tomorrow.
4. Driving employee engagement through recognition and appreciation. Sometimes the greatest power lies in a simple thank you and focus on desired behaviors.
5. Improving the candidate experience. Organizations must ensure their talent acquisition process places a strong focus on the candidate experience or otherwise risk losing candidates to employers who do.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.
About McLean & Company
McLean & Company, a division of Info-Tech Research Group, Inc., is a research and advisory firm providing practical solutions to human resources challenges via executable research, tools and advice that have a clear and measurable impact on business. Learn more here.