For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Barbara Fornasiero, EAFocus Communications, 248.260.8466, firstname.lastname@example.org
Southfield, Mich. – Sept. 18, 2014 – From adoption to housing to veterans, Plante Moran will support 17 non-profit organizations during fiscal 2015 through its staff-driven community service initiative, Plante Moran Cares.
Now in its seventh year, PM Cares connects staff of one of the nation’s largest certified public accounting and management consulting firms with volunteer opportunities designed to improve the well being of members in their local communities. Through hands-on volunteering and creative fundraising initiatives, PM Cares furthers the firm’s longstanding “We care” mission while strengthening staff ties in each of its offices in Michigan, Ohio and Illinois.
“The focus of PM Cares is on activities that meet immediate needs in the surrounding communities where Plante Moran has an office,” said Gordon Krater, managing partner of Plante Moran. “In previous years, PM Cares has chosen a theme, such as literacy, and encouraged each office to choose a nonprofit focused on that area.
“This year, we are departing from that formula by allowing each of our offices to choose an organization that is particularly meaningful to them. This means the firm will be supporting a wide array of organizations that contribute positively to the communities where our teams live and work.”
Plante Moran employees voted by office and selected the following organizations for PM Cares support:
• Ann Arbor – Food Gatherers
• Auburn Hills – Wounded Warrior Project
• Chicago – Gift of Adoption Fund
• Cincinnati – Make-A-Wish
• Cleveland – Achievement Centers for Children
• Columbus – Habitat for Humanity MidOhio
• Detroit – Alternatives for Girls
• East Lansing – Ele’s Place
• Flint – Whaley Children’s Center
• Grand Rapids – Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding
• Kalamazoo – Ministry with Community
• Macomb – Big Family of Michigan
• Northwest Chicago – Food for Greater Elgin
• St. Joseph – Harbor Habitat for Humanity
• Southfield – Bottomless Toy Chest
• Toledo – Neighborhood Properties Inc.
• Traverse City – Child and Family Services of Northwestern Michigan
About Plante Moran
Celebrating its 90th anniversary in 2014, Plante Moran (www.plantemoran.com) is one of the country’s largest certified public accounting and business advisory firms, providing clients with tax, audit, risk management, financial, technology, business consulting and wealth management services. Plante Moran has 22 offices and a staff of more than 2,000 professionals throughout Michigan, Ohio and Illinois, with international offices in Shanghai; Monterrey, Mexico; and Mumbai, India. Plante Moran has been recognized by a number of organizations, including FORTUNE magazine, as one of the country’s best places to work.